Fighting Hunger doesn’t always start with a meal. It starts with those who serve. The San Antonio Food Bank’s volunteer opportunities range from our sorting room, warehouse, garden and farm areas, our community kitchen, and even our off-site community kitchen at Haven for Hope. Whether you’re an individual, group, or company there are many opportunities to volunteer.
Only through your efforts can the San Antonio Food Bank achieve our mission of helping feed the hungry in San Antonio and Southwest Texas.
Please know that during this challenging time we are doing everything possible to ensure your safety when you volunteer by:
- All volunteers will be given a no-touch temp check upon arrival. Volunteers with a temperature of 100.4 or above (the recommended threshold from the CDC) will be asked to leave and reschedule their shift.
- Providing several hand washing stations – Please wash your hands upon arrival. Hand washing should last at least 20 seconds under warm water.
- Deep cleaning – SA Food Bank staff are continuously doing deep cleanings at all of our volunteer locations.
- Eliminating Handshakes and hugs – Sorry. Elbow bumps are welcomed!
- Social distancing: accommodations are in place to allow volunteers to perform their duties with reasonable social distancing.
- Providing Protective Gear – We have hand sanitizer located throughout our various facilities. We also have gloves available for volunteers during their shift.
- Stay Healthy – If you are feeling under the weather we ask that you cancel your registration and come back and visit us when you feel better.
Thank you for volunteering!