Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage from the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or Children’s Medicaid.
What is covered?
CHIP and Children’s Medicaid both offer many benefits:
- Dentist visits, cleanings, and fillings
- Eye exams and glasses
- Choice of doctors, regular checkups, and office visits
- Prescription drugs and vaccines
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- Medical supplies, X-rays, and lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
To learn more about CHIP/Children’s Medicaid, please vist https://chipmedicaid.org/.
CHIP/Children’s Medicaid is available to qualifying children under 19.
In general you must:
- Be a Texas resident
- Age 18 and under
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
General guidelines – monthly income limits for CHIP/Children’s Medicaid
|1 Person Household||$1,945|
|2 Person Household||$2,622|
|3 Person Household||$3,299|
|4 Person Household||$3,975|
|5 Person Household||$4,652|
|6 Person Household||$5,329|
|7 Person Household||$6,005|
|8 Person Household||$6,682|
For application assistance via telephone, call:
210.431.8326 | 1.800.246.9121
For application assistance in person, visit:
SAN ANTONIO FOOD BANK
5200 Enrique M. Barrera Pkwy,
San Antonio, Texas 78227